Umbriel is a large moon of Uranus.
William Lassell discovered the moon on October 24, 1851.
- Umbriel is named after a character in "Rape of the Lock", a play by Alexander Pope.
- Its orbital period lasts about 4.1 Earth days.
- Umbriel reflects little light, making it dark.
- Umbriel is the second most heavily cratered moon of Uranus.
- It orbits Uranus from 266,000 km away.
- Umbriel has a large crater on its pole that has a white ring around it.
- Its radius is 600 km, and it's diameter is 1,200 km.
|Cordelia - Ophelia - Bianca - Cressida - Desdemona - Juliet - Portia - Rosalind - Cupid - Belinda - Perdita - Puck - Mab - Miranda - Ariel - Umbriel - Titania - Oberon Francisco - Caliban - Stephano - Trinculo - Sycorax - Margaret - Prospero - Setebos - Ferdinand|