Sao is a moon of Neptune.
- Sao was discovered along with two other moons, Halimede and Laomedeia, by Matthew J. Holman on August 14, 2002.
- It was the first moon of Neptune discovered by using a ground based telescope since 1949.
- Sao is a very, very faint moon; 100 million times dimmer than what can be seen by the naked eye.
- Sao was named after a Nereid in Greek mythology.
- It wasn't spotted by Voyager 2 because its distance from Neptune and its dimness.
|Naiad Thalassa Despina Galatea Larissa S/ 2004 N1|