Portia is a natural satellite of Uranus.
On January 3rd, 1986, Voyager 2 spotted the moon.
- The moon is named after the heroine of William Shakespeare's play "The Merchant of Venice."
- Portia is the leader of the Portia Group, a group of Uranus's satellites with similar properties and orbits. The group includes Bianca, Cressida, Desdemona, Juliet, Rosalind, Cupid, Belinda and Perdita.
- Portia revolves around Uranus every 1 Earth day or so.
- Portia is the second largest inner satellite of Uranus, after Puck.
- Its radius is 140 km.
- It will eventually hit Uranus or be broken up by Uranus's atmosphere.
|Cordelia - Ophelia - Bianca - Cressida - Desdemona - Juliet - Portia - Rosalind - Cupid - Belinda - Perdita - Puck - Mab - Miranda - Ariel - Umbriel - Titania - Oberon Francisco - Caliban - Stephano - Trinculo - Sycorax - Margaret - Prospero - Setebos - Ferdinand|