Pluto is one of the many dwarf planets in our Solar System.
Pluto was discovered by Clyde Tombaugh in March 1930.
|Statistic Name||Statistic Calculation|
|Atmosphere||Nitrogen, Methane, Carbon Monoxide|
|Density||2.03 ± 0.06 g/cm|
|Length of day||6.5 Earth Days|
- The New Horizons spacecraft will reach Pluto and take the first detailed photos of Pluto and Charon in July 2015.
- Pluto has 5 known moons: Charon, Nix, Hydra, Kerberos and Styx.
- Pluto is the second largest dwarf planet in the Solar System.
- Many moons are larger than Pluto, including Earth's Moon.
- Because of Pluto's elliptical orbit, it is sometimes closer to the sun than Neptune.