Oberon is one of Uranus's major moons.
Oberon was discovered by William Herschel in 1787. It was first studied up close in 1986 when Voyager 2 observed it.
- Oberon is Uranus's second largest moon, and the 9th largest moon in the Solar System.
- It is the outermost large moon of Uranus, orbiting 584,000 km away from the planet.
- Oberon was named after a mythical fairy king featured in "A Midsummer Night's Dream" by William Shakespeare.
- Some of Oberon's features are named, like the crater Hamlet.
- Oberon has a mountain that is at least 6 km high, slightly smaller than the highest peak on Earth.
|Cordelia - Ophelia - Bianca - Cressida - Desdemona - Juliet - Portia - Rosalind - Cupid - Belinda - Perdita - Puck - Mab - Miranda - Ariel - Umbriel - Titania - Oberon Francisco - Caliban - Stephano - Trinculo - Sycorax - Margaret - Prospero - Setebos - Ferdinand|