Nereid is a moon of Neptune.
- Nereid takes 360 days to make one complete orbit around Neptune.
- It was discovered on May 1st 1949 by Gerard Kuiper.
- It was the last moon of Neptune discovered by a telescope on Earth, and the next satellites of Neptune were discovered almost 40 years later by Voyager 2.
- Because it is far away from Neptune, it may be a captured object from the Kuiper Belt.
- It was named after the sea nymphs in Greek mythology.
|Naiad Thalassa Despina Galatea Larissa S/ 2004 N1|