Miranda is a moon of Uranus.
Miranda was discovered by Gerard Kuiper on February 16, 1948. We obtained more information about the strange moon when Voyager 2 flew by it in January 1986. It was the last moon of Uranus to be discovered before Voyager 2's flyby.
- It is the smallest and most innermost of Uranus's larger moons.
- Miranda has an odd appearence consisting of large cannals and vallys.
- Its diameter is 500 km and it's radius is 250 km.
- It's 1/7 the size of Earth's Moon.
- Miranda's strange canyons go down about 12 times further than the Grand Canyon.
- Miranda's one of the brightest moons of Uranus.
- Miranda is named after Prospero's daughter in "The Tempest".
- Miranda's appearance is thought to be from tidal stresses due to its tidal interactions with Uranus.
|Cordelia - Ophelia - Bianca - Cressida - Desdemona - Juliet - Portia - Rosalind - Cupid - Belinda - Perdita - Puck - Mab - Miranda - Ariel - Umbriel - Titania - Oberon Francisco - Caliban - Stephano - Trinculo - Sycorax - Margaret - Prospero - Setebos - Ferdinand|