Mimas is a moon of Saturn.
Mimas was discovered by William Herschel on September 17, 1789. The large crater was found in 1980.
- It is the twentieth largest moon in the solar system.
- Mimas is named after the son of the Greek goddess Gaia.
- Mimas is one of the smallest objects rounded by it's own gravity.
- It looks like the Death Star from Star Wars, although it's iconic crater wasn't discovered until after Star Wars was made.
- When using a thermal insterments it seemed like it was Pac man and it's crater was one of the little dots that Pac man eats.
- The crater is called Herschel, named after the moons discoverer.
- Mimas has a diameter of 396 km.
- Herschel is the largest crater compared to the body it is on.
- It remains a mystery as to why the asteroid that hit Mimas didn't destroy it.
|S/2009 S 1 - (nameless moonlets) - Pan - Daphnis - Atlas - Prometheus - Pandora - Epimetheus - Janus - Aegaeon - Mimas - Methone - Anthe - Pallene - Enceladus - Tethys - Telesto - Calypso - Dione - Helene - Polydeuces - Rhea - Titan - Hyperion - Iapetus - Kiviuq - Ijiraq - Phoebe - Paaliaq - Skathi - Albiorix - S/2007 S 2 - Bebhionn - Erriapus - Skoll - Siarnaq - Tarqeq - - S/2004 S 13 - Greip - Hyrrokin - Jarnsaxa - Tarvos - Mundilfari - S/2006 S 1 - S/2004 S 17 - Bergelmir - Narvi -Suttungr - Hati - S/2004 S 12 - Farbauti -Thrymr - Aegir - S/2007 S 3 - Bestla - S/2004 S 7 - S/2006 S 3 - Fenrir - Surtur - Kari - Ymir - Loge - Fornjot|