3 Juno is an asteroid in the asteroid belt.
On September 1st, 1804, Karl Harding discovered the object known as Juno. At the time, asteroids were considered planets, but as more were discovered, it was demoted to an asteroid.
- 3 Juno is the tenth most massive asteroid.
- It was the third asteroid to be discovered.
- 3 Juno is the eleventh largest asteroid by size.
- 3 Juno's average diameter is 258 km.
- It is 2.672 AU away from the sun.
- 3 Juno is named after the roman goddess if the same name.
- 3 Juno accounts for approximently 1 percent of the mass of the asteroid belt.
- It is one of the two largest Stony asteroids.