Caliban was discovered on September 6th, 1997 by by B. Gladman, P. Nicholson, J. A. Burns, and J. Kavelaars.
- Caliban's diameter is thought to be about 72 km across, but it hasn't been studied enough to know exactly.
- It is the second largest irregular moon of Uranus, after Sycorax.
- The moon is named after a character in the play "The Tempest".
- Caliban orbit's Uranus 10 times farther out than Uranus's outermost large moon, Oberon.
- It was most likely an asteroid captured by Uranus's gravity.
|Cordelia - Ophelia - Bianca - Cressida - Desdemona - Juliet - Portia - Rosalind - Cupid - Belinda - Perdita - Puck - Mab - Miranda - Ariel - Umbriel - Titania - Oberon Francisco - Caliban - Stephano - Trinculo - Sycorax - Margaret - Prospero - Setebos - Ferdinand|