The same side of Ariel always faces Uranus.
Ariel was discovered on October 24, 1851 by William Lassell.
Ariel is named after a spirit in William Shakespeare's play, "The Tempest," and a character in Alexander Pope's "The Rape of the Lock."
- Ariel has a prograde orbit.
- Ariel has the youngest surface of Uranus's larger moons.
- It may have layers, like a core and crust.
- It is Uranus's fourth largest moon in our Solar System.
- It takes Ariel 60 hours for it to make a complete trip around Uranus.
|Cordelia - Ophelia - Bianca - Cressida - Desdemona - Juliet - Portia - Rosalind - Cupid - Belinda - Perdita - Puck - Mab - Miranda - Ariel - Umbriel - Titania - Oberon Francisco - Caliban - Stephano - Trinculo - Sycorax - Margaret - Prospero - Setebos - Ferdinand|